Author Topic: Fave & Worst Schnauzer Grooming (Post Pics Here)  (Read 23828 times)

Offline Kelly B

• Member since 2011
  • Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Fave & Worst Schnauzer Grooming (Post Pics Here)
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:37:13 PM »
After reading Tiffany's post about what haircut you prefer on your schnauzer, I thought it would be fun to post pics (of your own dogs or from online) of your ideal schnauzer haircuts and the worst schnauzer haircuts you've ever seen or the most unusual. I'm really not sure what my idea schnauzer haircut would be (interested to see some of your preferences) BUT I did find some rather unusual hair styles...

Yes, this is a miniature schnauzer, with a "supercoat" that has grown out it's hair. I really think sheepdogs are cute, but I find it hard to see this as a schnauzer. Not an ugly dog (I actually think it's cute) but an unusual hairstyle.

Another "supercoat". I'm not a fan of them having the skirt this high. Jedi has a soft coat, but I don't think it's quite like this. Not sure if it's just the grooming job or if this how all "supercoated" hair grows out??
Jedi: S&P Parti mini born: 1/23/11  1.5yrs, 16.5lbs
Mercy (Mercedes): B&S mini born: 05/26/12 8.4 lbs
Scrapbooks:  Jedi\'s Picture Album and Comparison Pics
My Facebook Food Blog

Offline Tiffani

• Member since 2010
  • Animal lover, Oxford, WI
Re: Fave & Worst Schnauzer Grooming (Post Pics Here)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:12:43 PM »

This one is a bit...out there.

and of course the beardless...but I kind of think this one is more cute than others ive seen with no beard.
[/img]http://www.freeadscity.com/photos/class/mmwntzquxyzcdir.jpg[/img]
I have always thought this was a very cute puppy cut.

P.s.
Jedi comes up a TON in search results. I think his picture came up 5 times!
My girls:
Maiya 05/08/10 S&P Mini 12.3lbs
Macy Mae 02/28/12 White Mini 11lbs
Morgan 06/22/08 2.6 lbs Chihuahua

Coming soon: Brandi Rose 08/07/14 German Shorthaired pointer

Karma Jo 02/19/13 Kitty
Kooper 12/31/13 Seal mink Desert Lynx (kitty)
The birds: Tuki, Fawkes, Aries(AKA Rudy), Talon, Maui, Serafina, Seeley, Sawyer, Jaxon, and Rampage

Offline KarenB

• Member since 2011
  • Greenwich, CT
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 05:52:53 AM »
OMG Kelly, I am cracking up at that second dog!  I knew exactly what you were talking about in your other post about them looking like they'd been electrocuted.  That looks ridiculous!  That mohawk is hilarious!  I would never know that first dog is a mini schnauzer!  I was on a rescue site for a long time and quite of few of the dogs on there weren't recognized until they were shaved down.  

Here are a couple of pictures of what I'm aiming for with lots of practice:

What I don't like:

And a WTH?!

In addition to the crazy lion face, his poor ears were butchered!

And this just made me cry - people are disgusting: http://www.k9stud.com/PuppiesforSale/MiniatureSchnauzer280029.aspx  You can practically see that pup shaking with fear in the photo.
Otto RN, TDI, black MS, 13.5" & 14 lb, born 3-19-11

Online Peter

• Founder 2008
  • Pet Partners Instructor, Vancouver, WA
    • Dog Tricks Video
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »

You didn't say WHAT you don't like. All I see is that the shirt is too high (pretty common on Schnauzers cut by groomers that cut all breeds) and that it needs a brushing.

Peter
Mukaluka Dirtypaws, male black Miniature Schnauzer, 11/09/07, 15-1/8", 17.5 lb (goal) [medical]
Pukalu, male S&P Miniature Schnauzer, 03/27/10, 15", 15.5 lb (goal) [medical]
Also: About Peter ~ Our Therapy Dog Work ~ Our Tricks Video ~ Muka's Scrapbook

Offline Tiffani

• Member since 2010
  • Animal lover, Oxford, WI
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 10:30:49 AM »

You didn't say WHAT you don't like. All I see is that the shirt is too high (pretty common on Schnauzers cut by groomers that cut all breeds) and that it needs a brushing.

Peter

When I first started cutting Maiya's hair it looked just like this (I actually had to do a double take because it looked so much like her). Then I really looked at nicely groomed Schnauzers and noticed how low the skirt was and that the eyebrows where much less full. I def. still don't do it perfect (Last night I messed up under her eyes for example) but I get better as I go. My point is, NOW, looking at this picture I really love how Maiya looks now compared to when I did the cut like that.
My girls:
Maiya 05/08/10 S&P Mini 12.3lbs
Macy Mae 02/28/12 White Mini 11lbs
Morgan 06/22/08 2.6 lbs Chihuahua

Coming soon: Brandi Rose 08/07/14 German Shorthaired pointer

Karma Jo 02/19/13 Kitty
Kooper 12/31/13 Seal mink Desert Lynx (kitty)
The birds: Tuki, Fawkes, Aries(AKA Rudy), Talon, Maui, Serafina, Seeley, Sawyer, Jaxon, and Rampage

Offline Kelly B

• Member since 2011
  • Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »
Ooooh I love the cut on Karen's second picture of the black schnauzer. Very nice. But since it's a show dog, it's hand stripped, so Jed will never look that good.

My guess is that Karen doesn't like the defined line between clipper and skirt - it's very blunt, not blended at all. I'm not sure how someone who clippers can blend it. Maybe clipper and then go in and scissor cut a couple inches between clippered part and skirt??

Oh, and I have a  :question:   How are mini schnauzer eyebrows supposed to look? Every mini I see has very different eyebrows.
Jedi: S&P Parti mini born: 1/23/11  1.5yrs, 16.5lbs
Mercy (Mercedes): B&S mini born: 05/26/12 8.4 lbs
Scrapbooks:  Jedi\'s Picture Album and Comparison Pics
My Facebook Food Blog

Offline Pat & Cliff

• Member since 2011
  • Ferrisburgh, VT
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 09:20:10 AM »
In the last two years of her life, we had our schnauzer girl's face shaved.  We did it because her missing teeth let food drip out of her mouth and she hated having her face washed.  She was nearly blind and the wash cloth coming toward her terrified her.  She never liked being brushed or groomed, so we had her shaved all over.  She loved it!  She'd get so happy and perky after getting groomed.  She looked like a unusual colored Jack Russell.
Thanks for being here, Pat and Her Boys:
One dog loving husband:  Cliff
Chester Field (motley mix) 11 yrs and counting
Go Mi Nam (aka Jeremy) 6/09/12  Male B&S Miniature Schnauzer
Go Mi Nyu (aka Gemma) 1/20/14 Female B&S Miniature Schnauzer