Author Topic: introducing myself  (Read 119 times)

Offline CC

• Member since 2017
  • NY
introducing myself
« on: June 16, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »
Hi. My name is CC. I am new to the forum. Just thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself and say hi. I don't currently have a schnauzer, but I'm starting the process of breed and breeder research to find that perfect pup for me. I'm interested in all aspects of the breed, and I can't wait to meet others that have schnauzers or just love them. I had what I think was a mini mix? years ago, not really sure. But he was the best dog. So now I want to learn all I can about m.s. and schnauzers in general. I live in Ny. Nondog interests include mystery and suspense books, classic rock music, Civil War and other historical events. Nutrition and grooming are aspects of dog care that really fascinate me. Cant wait to meet new people and pups. CC
Hoping for a Miniature Schnauzer soon.

Offline Liz W

• Administrator
  • Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, UK
Re: introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 12:28:21 AM »
Welcome CC!  You're in the right place to learn lots about the  :Schnauzer: here.

Have a read through the health board as there is lots there about nutrition there and the grooming board has some great advice and links for keeping your new  :Schnauzer: looking good!  The information here has certainly guided me to what my chap eats and certainly inspired me to groom him myself too!

Buster, male P&S Miniature Schnauzer, born January 17, 2014
Buster's Scrapbook

Offline Karen Brittan

• Member since 2014
  • Miniature Schnauzer Breeder, Minnesota
    • Britmor Schnauzers
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 08:28:55 AM »
You might try my webpage for some information: http://britmorschnauzers.com/
Britmor Miniature Schnauzers
http://britmorschnauzers.com
Minnesota, USA

Pedigree indicates what the animal should be.
 Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be.
  But performance indicates what the animal actually is.
                           -Author Unknown-

Offline CC

• Member since 2017
  • NY
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 12:06:19 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I checked out your website...very helpful...and also Amsc. Thank you. Haven't checked out the health or grooming boards yet, I'm currently reading through all the cool stories of rescue schnauzers. I may put a tribute to my boy there. This seems like a really nice place. So nice to meet everyone.

Offline Pat & Cliff

• Member since 2011
  • Ferrisburgh, VT
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 08:25:46 AM »
Welcome CC and good luck on your search.  Have you loomed up breeders on the American Miniature Schnauzer web site.  I know there are breeders listef for New York.  You still have to your own reference checks, but it's a good starting point.  My personal experience is that when you open a space in your heart for a  dog, one will arrive.  Can't wait to see.

PS  I am thrilled to hear you are considering a rescue.  Our biggest disappointment when we were looking was that none of the Schnauzer rescue groups would even consider our application because we lived too far away.

There is one other option for you...many breeders will place a retired dog with a forever home.  We got our 1st mini this way.
Thanks for being here, Pat and Her Boys:
One dog loving husband:  Cliff
Chester Field RIP 2/04/17
Go Mi Nam (aka Jeremy) 6/09/12  Male B&S Miniature Schnauzer
Go Mi Nyu (aka Gemma) 1/20/14 Female B&S Miniature Schnauzer

Offline CC

• Member since 2017
  • NY
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 09:57:31 AM »
Yes I've checked  the amsc site. I'm waiting for a return email or call from a local breeder who sounds like she knows what she's doing. Will check into a retired adult..but it Must be catsafe! And I don't have a fenced yard, a bummer because local rescue prefers it. You're right about dogs finding us once we start looking.