Author Topic: Preparing for Apollo  (Read 102 times)

Offline Veronica

• Member since 2017
  • Phoenix, Arizona
Preparing for Apollo
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:51:46 PM »
Hello, everyone. My name is Veronica and, as the title says, my small family of three is preparing to welcome our miniature schnauzer Apollo home here in Phoenix, Arizona! Apollo was born on July 22nd and the last of five pups, making his appearance at 1 a.m. Despite being the last, he was the first of his litter to try and walk and the first to try to climb out of the whelping box. He is showing hints of tenacity! His breeder and I have kept in touch almost daily since before his birth so, while he is living an hour away until homecoming in mid-September, I am always kept in the loop of his milestones and moments. He was born black with a white spot on his rump and his back paw and some light "cuffs" above his paws. Over the past couple of weeks, more light areas have been appearing. It's very exciting to watch him and his coat change by the week, if not by the day!

My husband had three (adult rescue) schnauzers in his life and I raised/trained a papillon from a puppy until her senior passing. This is my first experience with a schnauzer and his first experience with a puppy. I am a very hands on pet parent and I like to be well informed on my breed, which is why I am here before Apollo comes home. I have been combing the forums for tips (especially grooming) and I am thankful for this treasure trove of information. I am looking forward to exchanging stories and photos of our loving pups!
Apollo, male S&P Miniature Schnauzer, born July 22, 2017

Offline Liz W

• Administrator
  • Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, UK
Re: Preparing for Apollo
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 12:59:34 PM »
I'm in love  :heart:  He is lovely and so, so tiny!

Mine was the only boy with five sisters and was a cheeky chap since he was little - and he has stayed the same really!  I can't tell you the joy you are about to have as these little dogs are incredibly special.

You might also want to have a read in the basic training thread too, anything about teething (I recommend frozen cotton socks!!) as they can become puppygators quickly!  There was a good thread about umbilical training too recently which you might want to have a read of.

Enjoy, you're in for a real treat!
Buster, male P&S Miniature Schnauzer, born January 17, 2014
Buster's Scrapbook