Author Topic: The Dumbest Thing of the Last Couple Decades  (Read 804 times)

Offline Walt

• Member since 2016
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Re: The Dumbest Thing of the Last Couple Decades
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »
WHAT'S WRONG WITH SHOUTING?

WE ARE HUMANS. WE SOMETIMES NEED TO EXPRESS EMOTIONS.

THE PC POLICE WON'T EVEN LET US HAVE EMOTIONS?

Well, this is funny.  I agree with those who suggest using all caps is like yelling.  Now, above you typed three sentences with all three double spaced.  There is just something about the caps that make it hard for me to read.  Perhaps it is because my mind has been trained to read in lower case, except for words that need to start with an uppercase letter.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SHOUTING? WE ARE HUMANS. WE SOMETIMES NEED TO EXPRESS EMOTIONS.
THE PC POLICE WON'T EVEN LET US HAVE EMOTIONS? WELL THIS IS FUNNY.  I AGREE WITH THOSE WHO SUGGEST USING ALL CAPS IS LIKE YELLING. NOW, ABOVE YOU TYPED THREE SENTENCES WITH ALL THREE DOUBLE SPACED. THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THE CAPS THAT MAKE IT HARD FOR ME TO READ.  PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE MY MIND HAS BEEN TRAINED TO READ IN LOWER CASE, EXCEPT FOR WORDS THAT NEED TO START WITH AN UPPERCASE LETTER. READING THIS IS REALLY DIFFICULT AS ALL THE WORDS JUST RUN TOGETHER. I CAN READ THE ABOVE IN LOWERCASE MUCH EASIER THAN WHEN IT IS IN UPPERCASE LIKE THIS. I KNOW IT IS HARD FOR OTHERS TO DO THE SAME. I WON'T SAY IT IS RUDE, BUT WILL SAY IT IS UNNECESSARY TO USE ALL UPPERCASE WHEN YOU CAN EASILY USE THE LOWERCASE, EXCEPT WHEN IT IS REQUIRED TO USE UPPERCASE.
Bruno, male B&S Miniature Schnauzer, born June 22, 2016

Offline Peter Christensen

• Administrator
  • Founder, Vancouver, WA
    • Therapy Dog Information
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 11:33:21 AM »
Walt,

Is that what you told the cop to try to get out of your ticket?

Haha!

Mukaluka Dirtypaws, male black Miniature Schnauzer, 11/09/07, 15-1/8", 17.0 lb (goal) [medical]
Pukalu, male S&P Miniature Schnauzer, 03/27/10, 15", 15.5 lb (goal) [medical]
Also: About Peter ~ Our Therapy Dog Work ~ Our Tricks Video ~ Muka's Scrapbook

Offline Walt

• Member since 2016
  • Oklahoma City, OK
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 12:11:17 PM »
Walt,

Is that what you told the cop to try to get out of your ticket?

Haha!

NO, BUT THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO NEXT TIME I GET STOPPED FOR ANY TRAFFIC VIOLATION JUST TELL THE OFFICER IT WAS ALL DUE TO THE IDIOTS WHO PRINT UP THE TRAFFIC SIGNS USE ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS AND IT IS JUST VERY RUDE TO DO SUCH.  :smiley:
Bruno, male B&S Miniature Schnauzer, born June 22, 2016

Offline Rock

• Member since 2016
  • Houjie, Dongguan, China
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 06:00:15 PM »
Hmmmmm......

I guess all traffic signs are YELLING at me.  Probably because most of them get ignored.

Peter....thinking back, I believe the dumbest thing from the last few decades was the "pet rock", followed closely with "Cabbage Patch fever".  Insanity Marketing at its highest level.
Shadow, male Salt & Pepper (mostly Pepper) Miniature Schnauzer, born May 3, 2016

Offline Debra F

• Member since 2015
  • Mansfield, MA
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 06:24:23 PM »
Ha!  I totally recall both the pet rock and Cabbage Patch doll craze -- my daughter was six months old when the CB craze hit.  I had picked up a CB doll a few months before Christmas mainly because it had a yellow dress that matched my daughters room and it's name on the birth certificate was "Katy" also my daughters name.  I put it up in the attic and forgot about it until all hell broke loose with increased demand and no supply.  People were putting ads in our local paper looking for anyone willing to sell their doll and would pay crazy $ ($500-$1000). Hubby wanted to sell but I held out.  I thought maybe someday they would be worth lots more.  I was wrong, he was probably right -- and my daughter still has her CB doll and will probably cash in someday!!
Gracie, female Black/Silver Miniature Schnauzer, born June 13, 2014 (whopping 13 lbs.)

Offline Rock

• Member since 2016
  • Houjie, Dongguan, China
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 05:06:05 PM »
Debra....

Opportunity knocked.   You didn't open the door.

Anyone remember "klackers"?   2 plastic balls on opposite ends of a string with a ring in the middle.  You would hold the ring and move the balls to collide above and below your hand.  Many a nasty bruise on forearms.  Nifty feature, get the balls moving quickly enough they would disintegrate on impact throwing shards of hard plastic in every direction.

Stingray bicycles with banana seats.  Wheelies and motorcross before it was a "cool" thing.  Helmets?  What on earth for??

How did we survive.??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Shadow, male Salt & Pepper (mostly Pepper) Miniature Schnauzer, born May 3, 2016